Welcome to HappyDays! The idea of this linky is to inspire others to make the best out of every day, to see the happy in the little things. As no matter what, there is always something good in every single day- we just need to take the time to see it. Share your happy posts, Katy and I love to read them!
So, you may be reading this and thinking to yourself, “Hang on a minute, where is Sian?”
As you may know, Sian has finally given birth to her beautiful girl, so quite rightly she is having some time off to focus on all things baby. I am sure that you will join me in congratulating her on her new precious bundle!
With that in mind, I am honoured to have been asked to step in as a guest host for the Happy Days linky for a few weeks. I am looking forward to reading about what has made you smile over the past seven days!
So, What has made me happy this week?
- Plane spotting. Hah! We went on a little road trip on Sunday, we had no plans, Mr. S, was at work so me and the kids went for a drive in the countryside. We ended up parked down a lane next to the runway of Luton airport and we spent about half an hour watching people jet off on their holidays, the kids enjoyed it and it got them excited about our upcoming holiday.
- A dog walk amongst the bluebells. We went a couple of weeks back, but we also went this week. I’ve never seen a narrow country lane so jam-packed with cars. We could have been in London had it not been for our surroundings! It is the most beautiful place to visit, and it is clear that everyone else thinks so too!
- Family visit. Mr. S had his Aunt and Uncle come over to visit, they are in the area for a week visiting friends and family and on Wednesday it was our turn. They came and collected my boy from school with me and joined in making the Beauty and the Beast Lego castle. Then, once the children were in bed we had a mid-week roast dinner.
Mr. S has some truly wonderful family that adore the children and are really lovely company for us too.
- Shopping. Katy and I went on a little shopping trip with her younger two and my girl in tow.
Apart from my stroppy 3 year olds God-awful behaviourWe had a good time, the girls went on the soft play and then we had some lunch and a mooch around the shops.
- Mr. S had a rare midweek day off work. We had said that we were going to use the time to do some bits that needed doing around the house, but when I collected him from the gym, he suggested that we went and got some lunch somewhere, as my girl was at pre-school and my boy at school. We found a really lovely pub in a village up the road from where we live and just enjoyed each others company for a change. It felt alien being just the two of us but it was so nice. Something we should try to do more often.
That is it from me this week. Today has actually been a dreadful day, my boy has chicken pox so is off school, I am feeling run down and need my bed and I cannot begin to think how the next few days are going to be happy ones. Watch this space to see how it all unfolds….
Spread the linky love by commenting on a couple other posts.
If you share your post on Twitter mentioning @WhatKatysaidUK and @amumcalledlucy and we will RT you.
Oh and please remember to comment on both mine and Katy’s posts as your linky hosts. Thank you!