Welcome to HappyDays! The idea of this linky is to inspire others to make the best out of every day, to see the happy in the little things. As no matter what, there is always something good in every single day- we just need to take the time to see it. Share your happy posts, Katy and I love to read them!
So, you may be reading this and thinking to yourself, “Hang on a minute, where is Sian?”
As you know, Sian is about to become a Mama again any day now, so quite rightly she is having some time off to focus on all things baby. I wish her all the luck in the world and cannot wait for newborn cuddles!
With that in mind, I am honoured to have been asked to step in as a guest host for the Happy Days linky. I am looking forward to reading about what has made you smile over the past seven days!
So, what has made me happy this week?
1. Annual leave. (For Mr. S, that is) He has been on annual leave for the past week and it has been wonderful having him on hand for a bit of adult company, and to have some proper family time together. When he is at work we really do not see much of him, he either leaves very early in the morning and come home late at night, meaning our kids don’t really get to see him, or he is on-call and has to stay close by to the hospital in case he is required. So this week has been a real treat.
2. Visiting family. We went up to see some of Mr. S’ family for a few days in North Wales. We try to head up there at least once a year. Family is very important to both me and Mr. S and it is always nice to catch up with everyone up there. Although I have been with Mr. S for about 12 years now and it may seem daft saying this, I love how at home his family make me feel. I really do feel like part of their family.
3. Pistyll Rhaeadr waterfall. On Saturday, Mr.S’ cousin mentioned he and his wife were going for a dog walk by a waterfall. We were invited along, and I am so glad we joined them. The views were breathtaking and it felt like such an achievement getting to the top! I cannot believe how good my boy was at climbing too. Out of the group of us that went, he was the first to the top! A proper little mountain goat!
4. Llangollen. We quite often visit this gorgeous little town when we head up to Wales. It has real character to it and some great independent shops. There is a steam train railway there which we have always wanted to go on but never quite got round to, but this time we did. We had such a fab time and it was a real experience for all of us.
5. Liverpool. Another first. I had never been to this city before and I suggested taking a trip while we were up that way. We had a lovely day visiting the Albert Docks and the Merseyside Maritime Museum amongst other things.
6. Good boy. We took our cocker spaniel, Bruce, on our North Wales visit with us, and I couldn’t believe how well-behaved he was! He climbed up to the waterfall with us, went on the steam train and was as good as gold when he was left for the day while we went to Liverpool. Proud dog owner!
7. Play area is a go-go! This week we began our garden project, to create a play area at the bottom of our garden. I will be writing more about it this week in a post, but for now I will say that I am more than pleased with the results of our efforts.
Have a great weekend, whatever you are up to!
Spread the linky love by commenting on a couple other posts.
If you share your post on Twitter mentioning @WhatKatysaidUK and @amumcalledLucy and we will RT you.
Oh and please remember to comment on both mine and Katy’s posts as your linky hosts.