Welcome to HappyDays! The idea of this linky is to inspire others to make the best out of every day, to see the happy in the little things. As no matter what, there is always something good in every single day- we just need to take the time to see it. Share your happy posts, Katy and I love to read them!
So, you may be reading this and thinking to yourself, “Hang on a minute, where is Sian?”
As you may know, Sian has finally given birth to her beautiful girl, so quite rightly she is having some time off to focus on all things baby. I am sure that you will join me in congratulating her on her new precious bundle!
With that in mind, I am honoured to have been asked to step in as a guest host for the Happy Days linky for a few weeks. I am looking forward to reading about what has made you smile over the past seven days!
So, What has made me happy this week?
- Booking a holiday. We weren’t sure it was even going to happen this year, but we decided to go for it and have booked a week away in Lanzarote over the summer! I will be spending my 30th birthday poolside (and at the hotel spa if I am lucky!) The holiday countdown has truly started and I cannot wait.
- Back on track. My weight loss of late has recently ground to a halt. I am only human, not a robot and life began to get back in the way and old habits started to creep their way back in. After some real thinking and reflecting I am happy to say that I have got back on the wagon and am determined to continue to lose the pounds! (I follow the Cambridge Weight Plan, if you are interested to see how I have done up until now you can do so here)
- Theatre trip. On Saturday, Me, Mr. S and the kids went to a theatre production of Rapunzel. It was such good fun, my two are really into plays and fairy tales right now so they were so excited to go and see it. It was a lovely treat for the Easter weekend.
- Time with my girl. I think that the Easter break threw her a little bit. During the day she is used to being queen bee around here, and having her brother home certainly knocked her down a peg or two (-which probably isn’t a bad thing!) We got back into the usual way of things this week and went on a little trip to some lakes and had a picnic. We took her scooter and her bubble wand and had a lovely few hours in the sunshine.
- Moana. Somehow we missed watching this at the cinema, but I picked the DVD up in the supermarket the other day and made the lounge a cinema of our own and watched it. What a great film! Another film that Disney has nailed. The songs are pretty catchy too. “What can I say except you’re welcome!”
- Bruce. I took him for his first professional wash at the dog groomers the other day, and he came back looking so fluffy and fresh. Mr. S wants his hair clipped shorter but I want him to keep his “wig”. My girl calls him her “wiggy boy” and its become a bit of a nickname for him, so he can’t possibly have it lopped off now! I remember when we chose Bruce and saw his mum, she looked very similar to him and had literally a full on mullet! We thought it must have been styled like that but it looks as though Bruce has inherited it.
I hope that there has been lots for you to smile about this week too!
Spread the linky love by commenting on a couple other posts.
If you share your post on Twitter mentioning @WhatKatysaidUK and @amumcalledlucy and we will RT you.
Oh and please remember to comment on both mine and Katy’s posts as your linky hosts. Thank you!